1. Don’t allow your device to auto-join unfamiliar
2. Always turn off WiFi when you aren’t using it or
don’t need it.
3. Never send sensitive information over WiFi
unless you’re absolutely sure it’s a secure network.
4. Watch out for ads, giveaways and contests that
seem too good to be true.
Often these lead to phishing sites that appear to be legit.
5. Pay close attention to URLs.
These are harder to
verify on mobile screens but it’s worth the effort.
6. Never save your login information when you’re
using a web browser.
7. Disable automatic Bluetooth pairing.
8. Always turn it off when you don’t need it.
9. Do not respond to telephone or email requests for personal financial information.
If you are concerned, call the financial institution directly using the phone number that appears on the back of your credit card or on your monthly statement.
10. Never click on a link in an unsolicited commercial
11. Speak only with live people when providing account information, and only when you initiate the call.
12. Install software that can tell you whether you are
on a secure or fake website.
13. Only use apps available in your device’s official store – NEVER download from a browser.
14. Be wary of apps from unknown developers or those with limited/bad reviews.
15. Keep them updated to ensure they have the
16. If they’re no longer supported by your store,
17. Don’t grant administrator, or excessive privileges
to apps unless you truly trust them.
18. Don’t trust messages that attempt to get you to
reveal any personal information.
19. Beware of similar tactics in platforms like What’s
App, Facebook Messenger Instagram, etc.
20. Treat messages the same way you would treat
email, always think before you click!
If you accept these terms, you can Continue. If you do not, you can select Cancel.